What is Green Pack?
Green Pack Basics
Do you want to see the University of Saskatchewan become more sustainable? Do you want to help educate your peers and colleagues on how sustainability can benefit operations at the university? Do you want to meet a group of like-minded individuals who share a common passion for sustainability? If any of these ring true, then Green Pack is for you!
Green Pack is a group of sustainability-minded people at the University of Saskatchewan that seeks to bring interested people in contact with the Office of Sustainability to put their passions and talents to good use. Our monthly newsletter helps bring information to the campus community, including campus sustainability updates, event listings, job postings, and volunteer opportunities.
Whether you're looking to volunteer to make campus better, find an outlet for your talents, or just to stay in touch, Green Pack is the right choice for you!
Volunteer Opportunities with Green Pack
Green Pack volunteers will help with many of the tasks that have seen volunteer help in the past while helping us to look for new opportunities to engage the university community in sustainability initiatives. Some of the areas where you might see Green Pack helping out around campus include:
- Promoting sustainability initiatives at the our campus event tent,
- Distributing educational materials to increase sustainability knowledge awareness on campus,
- Organizing events or initiatives to shape sustainability culture at the U of S
- Facilitating events such as panel discussions and film showings, and
- Acting as a regular advocate for sustainability in your campus unit.
We look at Green Pack as an opportunity to grow a culture of sustainability on campus. If you have ideas for how Green Pack can be best used, let us know!
Benefits of Joining Green Pack
Green Pack hopes to offer its members a rewarding experience including benefits such as:
- Certificates and Resume Building Opportunities - Green Pack volunteer activity is recorded on the university's Co-Curricular Record and help in showing your advocacy for sustainability on a resume.
- Solutions for Volunteer Hour Requirements - Many programs on campus have volunteer hours as a requirement of a degree. What better way to achieve these hours than by advancing sustainability on campus?
- Networking Opportunities - Green Pack is an opportunity to work alongside other students, staff, and faculty members of the university all engaged in a common passion. Meet new friends, connect with supervisors and mentors, or just learn who else is helping to advance sustainability on campus
- Opportunities to Shape Campus Sustainability - Have an idea about how campus could become more sustainable? Green Pack members have the chance to help shape sustainability initiatives on campus by providing their input with the Office of Sustainability and acting as a sustainability champion in their area of the university.
- Access to Exclusive Draws and Events - What would a volunteer group be if there weren't prizes and parties? Green Pack members will be invited to exclusive film screenings, appreciation parties, and sustainability-related events in addition to having the ability to enter Green Pack raffles for prizes from the University Bookstore, Marquis Dining Hall, Louis', and more!