Work Green Labs
Work Green Labs was created to address the major sustainability challenges that are specific to laboratory environments. We understand the diversity of labs on campus and the unique, specialized requirements of researchers and their work. A major focus of the program is ensuring proper safety measures are followed, which increases lab safety overall and often lowers water and energy consumption at the same time. This program offers you and your lab the opportunity to save money, increase safety, be more sustainable, and network with other staff and faculty across campus.
As a lab unit supervisor at the University of Saskatchewan, we would like you to recommend and approve someone to be a Work Green "Champion" for your workplace under the new Work Green Labs program. Participating in this program will show your support for the university's existing commitment to sustainability and garner additional support and funding for transforming your labs' operations into a more sustainable model.
The duties of the Work Green Labs Champion include:
- Completion of a workplace checklist and updating it semi-regularly (2-3 hours upfront, ~1 hour monthly ongoing)
- Attending group meetings 2-3 times per year (2-3 hours per meeting)
- Sharing updates from the Office of Sustainability with colleagues (~1 hour per month)
- Average Total Time Commitment: 2.5 hours monthly
How to Sign Up
To sign up as a Work Green Labs Champion, please complete the following steps:
In order to certify your workplace as an official Work Green Lab, the Champion must:
- Download the Lab Checklist.
- Complete the Lab Checklist on behalf of your lab.
- Send the completed checklist to the Office of Sustainability.