USask GHG Emissions Overview
The Scope of Our Emissions
Greenhouse gas emissions are broken down into 3 scopes, as explained below.
2019/2020 Emissions Inventory Summary
The USask Commitment
The university has set a number of commitments to tracking, reducing, and mitigating our greenhouse gas emissions, including:
- An inventory of our GHG emissions.
- Setting a target to reduce our emissions to 20% below our 2006/07 emissions by 2020, with a proposed update in our new draft strategy to reduce emissions by 45% by 2010 levels by 2030.
- An implementation of this new commitment is pending development following its approval by the university's governing bodies.
- A Climate Action Plan in 2012 to implement the operational changes put forth in the 2012 Campus Sustainability Plan.
- The development of an Energy and Water Conservation Policy in October 2014.
- An Energy Management Plan is currently in its development stages.